Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Invitations: Checked!

Since we decided to have a travel themed wedding, the boarding pass invite idea is a definite go. I already had a supplier in mind (Print Divas) but was disappointed when I inquired during the bridal fair. The design I wanted cost 120 PhP each! All in all, if we’re going for a 100 pc set, we’ll be paying 12k! I don’t think so. I mean, sure we’d want our invites to be presentable but 12k is just too much. So Tin and I went round and about to seek the perfect supplier who could provide me of what I want. And that’s how I came across Global Invitations.
When Tin and I went to their booth, we immediately checked out their boarding pass invite samples. And I LOVED it! The set was unique and exactly the kind I wanted. :)) However, being totally dependent on reviews from W@W, I honestly had slight hesitations as I’ve never seen any mention of them in the group. So I asked the ever-dependable Tin for assurance that I was making the right choice. She immediately told me, “Ano ka ba, tingnan mo o. Taga-UA&P sya, di ba?” (Translation: What are you talking about?  She’s from our school, UA&P.) I did a double take and realized, so that was why the girl’s face was sooo familiar. LOL! We didn’t book them yet that day though. I intended to book them together with Baicapture the next day with H2B. :)
Come Saturday, right after booking Goldenhills, I dragged H2B to Global Invitations’ booth and immediately asked the girl if she was from UA&P. LOL! I know, I know. It was too presumptuous of me. Ha ha. Well, as far as I'm concerned, it’s a good conversation starter and oftentimes, familiarity does give you leverage. :D She immediately recognized me and said yes! She even showed me the invitation they made for our former professor. Love it! :)) We ended up having a really good time chatting about my invitation ideas (though she’s attending to a lot of clients that time) and I was able to haggle too! I didn’t have a hard time doing so as she voluntarily suggested freebies -- only for friends, she says. :))))
After the downpayment was paid (25% instead of the standard 30%) and before H2B and I left their booth, I realized, though she looked familiar, I didn’t know her name! I asked her rather clumsily and found out it was Anna (Dionisio-Phi). I instantly segued to asking how old the company was just to fill the all too awkward moment. LOL! She told me, 3 years and counting. She decided to venture right after she got married. Not bad for a segue! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.