Grabbed from Vatel Manila's Facebook Profile Photo
The very first supplier I’ve met was Dylan Gozum. Back then, H2B and I were on the hunt for possible Antipolo reception venues. We had an ocular at The Mango Farm and Dylan himself showed us around. Sadly though, H2B had mixed feelings about the place and I was at that time looking for a venue where I could execute our winter wonderland theme. So we let go of The Mango Farm… but not Vatel Manila. :)
I honestly was not that familiar with Dylan’s works when we had our visit. I only came to notice when he was voted by w@wies as one of the Top 10 Suppliers of 2010. And boy, was I missing a lot! His flower arrangements would make ikebana look dull and dreary. Oh okay, I’m exaggerating. But really, his works are not just some flowers tossed together to make a bouquet. They truly are a piece of art. And I want me a piece of that! LOL!
So sometime in November last year, I requested a quote from Dylan. He, in turn, sent me a form which I needed to fill out. This form contained questions about stuff he needs to create a flower arrangement uniquely for me. You see, he never uses his designs twice. Maybe similar, but never exactly the same. That’s what you’re paying him for. Can you tell I’m a big fan? :))
However, being one of the most sought after suppliers, Dylan’s December to January schedule had been pretty hectic. This resulted to backlogs on his quotations which went up to 40 -- mine included. During this time, I did not try to disturb him because I knew I would only add to his stress and my wedding won’t be till more than a year anyway. I was just constantly vigilant on his Facebook status and bidding my time. LOL! Then finally, sometime in the third or last week of January, he posted a status stating that he was starting to work on his backlogs! Yey! I was so relieved that I checked my email more frequently. To no avail, I did not receive one from him.
Consequently, I emailed him (as per advice by Sis Jen ;)) to casually ask if I’d be expecting his quotation anytime soon. In all honesty, I did not expect any reply since I knew he’s busy. Though based from experience, if I ask something or requested something (other than the quotation), he automatically answers my questions in less than 5 minutes. This time, it took him 12 hours to reply and with the quotation! He told me I was actually the 40th from the waitlist (imagine that!) but he decided to do mine in advance. Aww… I’m so touched! But that was nothing compared to what I felt when I saw his plans.
I just loooove his list of flowers for me! :)) I was pleasantly surprised though that my choices for the bridal bouquet were not included in the list. I mean, I’m not a stylish kind of gal and I’m definitely not a flower expert so I trusted Dylan. It’s just that curiosity came over me so I asked him why he didn’t pick any of my choices. Well, I’d better not blog about that (pabitin!) but it surely made me realize even more that I made the right choice in choosing Vatel Manila! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.