After months of changing venues and dates, we have finally settled with one! I won't be a January bride, or a Tagaytay bride, or even an Antipolo bride. But our decision is one I could live with. :))
We are getting married on March 10, 2012!
Ok, back kwento. Last Friday, Tin and I had our monthly rendezvous at SM Megamall. We had merienda and talked about how I was coming along with my wedding preps. That time I was really pissed with how crazy the rates were for partial ceiling drapes. It also didn’t help that CTK Reception Hall was too plain and [for a lack of a better term] ugly that it really needed all the help it could get for beautification. And somewhere in our conversation, she mentioned how much her cousin paid for their reception at Oasis Pavilion. I was quite surprised to learn that the cost of CTK Reception Hall (with its beautification and additional budget for suppliers’ meal) plus the caterer will actually match Oasis Pavilion’s budget package. Would you believe?!
So that evening as planned, H2B met up with me to buy his remaining Christmas gifts and I sort of mentioned the change of plans. He did not really take it well as I hoped but somehow it got him thinking. And maybe, he thought that it would make me happy that he agreed to talk about it more the next day since we were to have our date anyway. LOL! When I got home that night, I showed my mom a picture of Oasis Pavilion and she was over the moon. She suggested we go there on Sunday and check if our date was still available. She also mentioned since Oasis Pavilion is walking distance to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, we go and check if it was also available.
Sunday came. We went to UERM Hospital early morning to pick up my sister from night shift duty and head to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. We were there before the Parish Office open at 8AM. The receptionist was really accommodating and easy to deal with unlike my recent encounter with Ate Lily of Christ the King. That’s another story. Unfortunately though, the time we were aiming for (afternoon around 3-4ish) was already booked. 1:30PM was still open and so was 7PM. We left the office thinking about the 1:30PM slot. It could still be possible if we do the wedding that early and have the reception around 4. Well, that’s if Oasis was still available.
When we got to Oasis, their office was not yet open but the guards currently on duty were kind enough to let us in to do a quick ocular. My mom, when she saw the Pavilion, was more excited than I was. LOL! She could not contain herself that she blurted out, “Ang ganda!” There were people setting up that time but we were able to see the place nonetheless. When we left, the guards gave us a copy of the budget package. We were amazed how accommodating people were in there. We really had a good feeling about it. :) We decided to call at 1PM to check if our date was still available. Come 1PM, Ana, the AE who received the call, told my mom that the evening of January 28, 2012 was already booked. :( We were really bummed out with the news that when my mom left for a party, I was determined to get a slot at Oasis. I called them up again and ask if there were any slots available for any Saturday on the first quarter of 2012. Ana revealed that February 4, 11 and all Saturdays of March were still available. When I heard that, I knew 4 and 11 were out since 4 pertains to death in Chinese and 11 being written both downwards (something about Feng Shui). So our only option was a Saturday of March. I initially chose March 10 being a zero but had inkling as well with March 3. I immediately asked H2B if he was okay if we changed our date. He was fine and he told me if it turned out to be really warm on our Big Day, he would opt to wear a sando. LOL! That being settled, I called up our booked suppliers next to check if they were available on the new date if ever we change it. Darlene was first to say it was not a problem since there wasn’t any booking with her yet on that date. Veluz confirmed that they are still available on our new date as well. Yey! :)) However, it seems that Daniel Lei Studios won’t be able to make it both 3 and 10. :( I guess we had to let go one of our good finds one way or the other. I still wish them well :)
My mom was able to book Oasis Pavilion for us today on our March 10 wedding and had us pencil-booked at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. She was supposed to make a downpayment for the church but she had to fill out forms which involved some items pertaining to H2B so she left it up to us to book it on Saturday instead. Happiness!
So finally folks, check out our reception venue: Oasis Pavilion. :D
Images from Oasis site


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.