Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holy Moley

As Catholics, H2B and I had our eye on a church wedding from the start. Sure, there have been talks of a quick Vegas hitch (Ssshhhh… LOL!) back when we were in the US for a long-term work assignment. But c’mon, get real! We would have liked to have both our families present on our Big Day. After all, we have nothing to hide and we definitely have nothing to be afraid of. Drama! LOL! Sadly though, having a church wedding also has its quirks. One of these is the quality of priests they produce. Don’t get me wrong. I do not have anything against the church for that matter. I’m just saying this as my own personal take and I do not intend to be a heretic. It’s just that I noticed that more and more priests are being too traditional and old school to the point that their teachings are not anymore relatable to our generation. Some [to my horror] even lecture Theology as if being in front of a class, which I honestly find exasperating and downright boring. And this is actually the reason why I am in search for an “appropriate” priest who will celebrate the Sacrament of Matrimony with us.
I brought up this topic to H2B about a week or 2 weeks after our engagement and I was really surprised he did not accuse me for being picky. He actually shares the same sentiment! And right then, we agreed that we will look for a priest who is modern, funny and for lack of a better term, cool. LOL! Since his parents were active participants of Couple’s for Christ before, I assumed he would have easily asked them who could be our celebrant. Unfortunately, the priests H2B’s parents know are no longer in contact with them and are already assigned outside of their diocese. I’ve given up hope when I heard this and buckled. Anyway, if we are to be wed in Christ the King (CTK), the priest won’t be a problem as they would have provided us one.
I was not actively looking anymore and even forgot that I was in search till I had a talk with my sister last night. She mentioned that she could ask her boyfriend’s mother (an active member of a church association or something) to book CTK for us even before the date Ate Lily said. I was so ecstatic that I remembered I was also looking for the perfect priest. I asked her if her boyfriend’s mother would happen to know any priest according to our (H2B and I) criteria. She immediately said, of course! Funny thing is we didn’t end up asking as my sister actually knew of someone fit for us! And guess what? He is actually holding Masses at Antipolo Cathedral. LOL! Anyway, my sister sent a private message to Father *** through, wait for it… Facebook (Imagine that! Modern and cool. LOL!) and inquired if he is still available on our wedding day. Hopefully, we’d get a response from him anytime this week so we can get this item checked.  Happiness! :)

*** Father’s name will be disclosed once confirmed *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.