Sunday, December 19, 2010

An Oasis Ocular with H2B

After booking the church yesterday, H2B and I went to Oasis office to make a quick ocular. Since my mom made the downpayment, it was her who Ms. Ana, our AE, toured around the venue. So this time, I scheduled a meet up to discuss a few things from the contract and check out the bridal suite if it was suitable for our preps.
When we arrived at Oasis, we found ourselves down at the basement where the admin office was located. We were told by the receptionist (or at least I thought she was) that Ms. Ana was currently dealing with a crisis at the Gallery, one of the function rooms in the building, that time and if it was okay with us to wait for her. We were fine with it so we wait around 10-15 minutes. During the wait, H2B and I were talking and teasing each other about some questions in the Pre-Cana booklet Kuya Elie gave us. But despite entertaining ourselves, I could not help but observe the other AEs inside the office. Some were talking in whispers and some talking in their cell with very loud voices. You could tell that they were overly stressed out and restless. When finally, Ms. Ana came in, I thought she was even more stressed than the others. And she did come clean when H2B asked if something was up. She told us CVJ has failed yet again to deliver what was agreed upon. H2B whispered at once we should not keep her too long so she could continue dealing with the crisis. I kept the meeting just about under 20 minutes.
We went up to the bridal suites and Ms. Ana showed us around. She even told us that a bride accidentally forgot to return the key of one of the suites that they had to get someone to break in the door. Ms. Ana told us we could have two rooms but would be subject to availability. We could call 2 weeks before the event to confirm if this would be possible. I think it would be a nice idea as it would cut down the costs of renting hotel rooms.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to take some photos since the meeting was really quick. But in my opinion, the suite looked alright and I was genuinely surprised that it actually had a very nice view outside. However, in terms of space, how the entourage will fit in there would definitely be a problem. An option I could think of is to make it as the groom’s preps venue. Anyway, we have 2 photographers and 2 videographers so they could split the team. But the con in this strategy is we also need to split our suppliers especially the coordinators. I’m sure Darlene won’t have a problem dealing with this kind of setup but I personally think that we could manage the event more if everyone sticks to one place. Well, that’s something we could think about later on.
Ms. Ana was also able to let us see the Pavilion. It was H2B’s first time to see the venue and we were lucky to have seen it all dolled-up! :) I think he was really impressed that he even asked if the drapes and the hanging lanterns were already part of the package. :)) He was really hesitant at first to check out the Pavilion since an event was currently ongoing but Ms. Ana insisted we could check it out from the sidelines. I really love Ms. Ana! :) And based from my observation, she looked as if she’s one of the veteran AEs there. I really have a good feeling about her. I hope my instincts are right. :D
Before H2B and I left Oasis, Ms. Ana apologized that our meeting was pretty quick. But it was really no biggie for us as we understood that it was a Saturday in December, a definite peak season. That gesture from her was definitely recognized. It was something we can’t find anywhere; it was respect for a client. Love it! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.