Yesterday was supposed to be the one year mark before our wedding. Though it has been more than a month since H2B and I decided to move our date from January 28, 2012 to March 10, 2012 (6 weeks difference), I still can’t help but be wistful about it. You see, I really love the date and I always wanted to be a January bride. More so, the 28th is a day right after my birthday. It would have been cool to have a two-day long celebration. LOL!
So how exactly did we come up with March 10, 2012?
We seriously talked about getting married early 2009 when we were both in the US. It was decided then that if he saved enough to have a late 2010 wedding, we’ll push through with it. In the end, it didn’t happen and we had to postpone our plans. We only resumed our wedding talk when he proposed last August 8, 2010. :))
Date #1: January 7, 2012
I needed a date when I inquired to Gercel about Ms. V’s availability. On-the-spot, I had to rake my brains and think of one that would fit the bill. I immediately thought of January 7, 2012. January is just perfect for a wedding. You don’t have to worry about the weather and it won’t be too humid to wear a suit. The 7th was also perfect as 7 is my lucky number plus it would fall on a Saturday. Unfortunately, Ms. V was fully booked on the first two weeks of January 2012 and since she’s my non-negotiable, I just had to change the date. *grins*
Date #2: January 28, 2012
I asked my mom’s opinion on whether we should choose the 14th or 28th of January 2012 for our Big Day. She immediately vetoed the 14th because of something about the number 4 in Chinese. As soon as she told me about her preference, I just fell in love with the 28th. It even got me excited on booking suppliers even without a venue yet! LOL! But maybe God had a different plan for us. We had a hard time booking Christ the King (at Greenmeadows) and CTK Reception Hall just didn’t have the “this is it” feeling.
Date #3: March 10, 2012
When my mom, my sister and I went to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and Oasis, I just knew I had to have them both but in turn I had to sacrifice our January 28, 2012 wedding. You see, both venues were not anymore available on that date. I must say, letting go of the date was not easy and it didn’t help that Darlene kind of pointed out that the 28th has a really nice ring to it. :( But we had to let it go since we will be sacrificing more if we don’t. H2B made me feel better when he told me, “What’s with the date anyway? What’s important is we’re getting married.” :) We chose between the 3rd and the 10th of March. In the end, we went with the 10th. For one, I liked the zero number in the end. It kind of resembles number 8's continuity. And two, three ten twelve to me sounds better than three three twelve. :))
There you go! After much drama and anticipation, we settled with March 10, 2012 and we’re really happy with our decision. :D
What about you? What’s the story behind your wedding date?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.