Tuesday, January 11, 2011

HMUA: Checked!

One of the things that Ms. V advised me during our first meeting is to have an excellent makeup to match the gown. She gave me a few contacts of hair and makeup artists (HMUA) including her friend, Madge Lejano of The Makeup Studio. Unfortunately, most of her suggestions pretty much did not meet the budget I set for HMUA. Though I saw Madge’s works [which btw are absolutely stunning], I don’t want to splurge too much on this when I could get someone just as good in a reasonable price.
So I checked out some highly-recommended HMUA from w@wies and came to shortlist two: Irene Sy-Go and Val Vallarin. I was initially keener to get Irene as opposed to Val because she had experiences with Veluz brides such as Sis Christine Santos-Salapong. She was also friendlier in emails and I felt more accommodated. :) However, somewhere along the way, I kind of drifted and did not exactly sense the “this is it” factor.
When I finally decided to get Imagine Nation, I nonchalantly asked Noel if he had any recommendations for HMUA who would fit our budget. That time, I remembered a conversation with Tin before that a photographer should have a good team up with an HMUA to create best quality pictures. Lo and behold, he recommended Rae Venturanza, a promising talent and well, the love of his life. LOL! What better tandem is there than a couple in-love? :D They are my version of Erron Ocampo and Jesy Alto. :)) Who knows? It’s possible. :D
But on a serious note, I love Rae’s works. She has an eye for making a woman’s best face feature pop. And I sooo love how she portray a natural look. You see, I’m no fan of makeup. In fact, I hate wearing it. I don’t even know that Sephora is actually a brand till 2009 when my housemate posted it on Facebook. LOL! So raves coming from a girl who undeniably has nothing good to say about makeup is a big plus. :)
Can’t wait to work with her! :))
*** Check out some of Rae’s work on this site and on her multiply account.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I just want to ask how much is the rate of Ms. Rea? Im trying to search through her website but I cannot find anything about the rates.:( Hope you can reply.:)

    By the way my photo/Vid is also Noel salazar and wang.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm glad you're considering Rae. She's really good and very easy to talk to. :)) I'm not sure if her packages have been revised so I think it would be best if you check with her nalang. She answers fast naman to inquiries.

    Here's her email address: rae.venturanza@gmail.com

    Please let her know I referred you to her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! :) Can I ask for Ms. Rae's contact number? I already sent her an email a couple of days ago pero wala pa rin reply til now. I checked her portfolio & I think she's really good :) I really want her to be my HMUA for my wedding this December. Your reply will be greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! :) You may contact her thru this number: +63 917 5301024 ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.