Monday, November 15, 2010

Silent Auction

Last October 18th of this year, I joined an e-group called Weddings@Work. It is a group composed mostly of bride-to-be’s and some groom-to-be’s mainly exchanging ideas, opinions, recommendations and sometimes, critiques of wedding suppliers. It is a very active and informative group that had me hooked for the past four weeks. LOL!
Anyway, this group holds a yearly auction of supplier items ranging from unity coins to photo/video to gowns of famous designers. But sadly, I can’t fully participate to this activity as most of the items up for grabs were only valid till 2011. As I am a 2012 bride, I had to let this go.
To my surprise though, Ms. Benz, the creator/moderator of the group, sent an email regarding a separate auction for couples on a tight budget called Silent Auction. And I decided to join this one.
The Silent Auction is very different from the regular auction. For one, no one knows how much the other bidders offered for the item. Two, you have to prove to Ms. Benz that you are really on a tight budget. This depending on the suppliers booked and number of guests. And finally, you have to submit the story of why you deserve this item.
What was the item? As previous posts would attest, I am a certified Veluz fan. So naturally, I bid for the Php 80,000 Veluz gown.
I did not win the Silent Auction. Sigh. But the experience of it was priceless. Waiting for the results was so nerve-wracking, especially the final moments. Though I did not win, I sure hope that one of my W@W sisters who’s more deserving than I am is happy that her dream of being a Veluz bride will come true.
Cheers to you sister! Whoever you are ;)
And maybe this time next year, I’d get to win me some unity coins or even a JMag video coverage. I wish! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.