Last Sunday, my mom, my sister and I went to Christ the King at Greenmeadows. My mom insisted that we go there to reserve the date for the Big Day.
When we arrived at the place, the parking space was jam-packed. I had a hard time finding a slot that the security guard graciously gave me a reserved one. Hallelujah! We later on found out that it was apparently the Feast of Christ the King. This explained why the church was full of people and booths scattered everywhere. Honestly, it looked like the Antipolo Cathedral at its chaotic state. It was not a pleasant sight. And for someone who plans to have an intimate wedding ceremony there and photo ops for that matter, it was a turn-off. But then again, I thought, there won’t be that much people present on our wedding nor will we require booths around. LOL! So, it’s all good.
Though I’ve visited the church several times before, I realized I was not really familiar with it in terms of the details. Maybe because during the earlier trips, I was just going there for prayer and not actually doing an ocular inspection for a wedding. All I know was it has a nice altar and a domelike feel. This time around, I noticed how high the ceilings were, how long the aisle was and how small I’d look when I walk down that aisle with a gown hanging flat around my body. LOL! Oh yes, even that. :)) But really, Christ the King was just absolutely breathtaking. And this made me more eager to reserve it on the spot. Sadly, we left empty handed.
Ate Lily, the officer-in-charge with the church’s schedule, unabashedly dismissed our inquiry telling us that the reservation of the church will not be opened for 2012 weddings till next year. The minimum requirement of the reservation should be a year before the date. Well, my mom insisted that ours was on the month of January so we should have at least a leeway. Ate Lily buckled and told us we could come back before Christmas. Yey!
I relayed the information to H2B during our YM session last Monday about what happened at Christ the King. He told me we could reserve the church around the third week of December! Happiness!
Now, I pray with all my heart that we’ll get the date. We just have to! :))
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.