Image from Google
When my mom and I talked about the up and coming wedding, the first church she uttered as her preference was Christ the King located at Greenmeadows.
At first, I was very hesitant. You see, my ideal wedding would involve intimate family affair, away from the curious bystanders (i.e. private), and as much as possible would only hold about 150-200 people. In short, a chapel. This is the reason why the Transfiguration of Jesus Chapel in Caleruega had a great impression on me.
But as I look at the altar of Christ the King, I guess it grew on me. I love the huge commanding presence of the statue of Jesus with his arms outstretched. It looked as if He is ever welcoming the guests of His church. The aisle’s size is not too narrow, just enough to accommodate 3 bodies walking in parallel. This won’t be a problem when my parents and I would walk down the aisle together. More so, the modern architecture of the church is so endearing that it would produce a lot of lovely photographs.
The only problem I have though is that the church could hold as much as a thousand guests. As H2B and I plan to invite about 120-150 guests (oh yes, it went up because of my mom), the church would look practically empty. Sigh. But this could easily be overlooked especially with a good photographer. *grins*
As I am about 90% decided to go for Christ the King, I was eager to discuss this with my H2B. But being a good fiancée who considers her beau’s opinion, I still researched on the chapels he suggested. I saw the picture of San Antonio Parish, one of the options which is located inside a subdivision and where two of his close friends got married, in the internet but it was just too simple for my taste, even with elaborate floral arrangements. I told H2B my opinion last Saturday and he accepted it so he insisted we go to the second chapel option located near Hinulugang Taktak. But just the same, it looked too plain and as if a wedding can’t be held there. So the two chapels were out, that leaves the Antipolo Cathedral (Shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage). My mom actually suggested it probably because of its grandness and marvelous altar. However, the biggest problem I have with it is it can’t be closed to the public for the wedding. More so, the noise issue (vendors and vehicular horns) cannot be controlled.
After considering H2B’s suggestions and discarding them (LOL!), I finally brought up the idea of getting married at Christ the King. It was right after we checked out La Huerta Estate. Remember from my previous post that we both loved La Huerta but had issues with the rates. He immediately said yes we should consider CTK as he noticed how much we could save if we go for it. Ha ha.
Going forward, today, Tin was able to call CTK’s contacts and ask if we could reserve for a 2012 wedding. Unfortunately, the calendar for 2012 is still not ready and would be ready by early next year. That means I have to be ruthless in reserving the date we want once this calendar is available. I told H2B about this, and he told me to notify him before reserving the place. I really hope this is a sign he is actually amenable to the idea. Yey!
A quick fact: When I reasoned out Christ the King to H2B, he thought I was superficial as I’m only concerned in having quality photographs. But let’s just wait and see how he’ll react if he saw our many great wedding pictures that would immortalize our Big Day. ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.