It’s the first day of September, a good 6 (give or take) months before the big day and what have we accomplished so far since the last update?
(1) Couple’s Area
Since I didn’t like to linger on traditional chair and table setup for the bride and groom on an elevated platform, I asked H2B if it’s okay with him that we hire a different supplier for our couple’s area. He agreed and we booked Scenta Flora. Yey! So for a more casual vibe, we’ll be having a couch instead. :-)
(2) Food Tasting and Final detailing with Hizon’s
Being an OC bride, I wanted the food tasting and final detailing out of my worries ASAP. So as soon as peak season for weddings came to a close, I requested a schedule from Ana of Oasis for a meeting with Hizon’s. Fortunately, we were assigned to a very friendly Event Planner, Majo. :-) My mom, aunt, sister and I had fun and left with a full stomach. BURP!
(3) Personalized Cord
Though a cord is included in the Veluz bridal package, I still wanted a different take for our cord. And boy was I relieved that I followed my instincts! Sis Eyzel did a very good job in personalizing our cord. :-)
(4) Giveaways for the Oldies
I know, I know. We’ve decided earlier that we’ll just have a photobooth as our interactive souvenir for guests. However, my mom pointed out that we need to give something different for the old crowd who would likely expect an old-fashioned keepsake. Well, good thing Sis Eyzel also offers a wide variety of stuff we could give out. She was able to create matching items to our theme. I’m just hoping the oldies will appreciate them. :-)
(5) Measurement taking for Bridal Gown
As scheduled, my sister and mom went with me to Veluz’s shop two Fridays ago, August 19, for my measurement taking. Believe me, I still haven’t reached my goal weight but I guess it’s better to be BIG [at first] than get biggER, right? LOL! Oh well. I’ll be having my first fitting on the 16th and I need to pay the rest of the 50% on or before then. I’d better ask Ms. Gercel if I can deposit it directly to Ms. V’s BPI account as I really don’t want to carry cash while riding the MRT/LRT. (I usually park at SM Megamall so I won’t get trapped in a traffic jam on rush hours. :-))
(6) Scheduled Measurement taking for the Female Entourage and Moms
Anna of Jeff House of Fashion originally scheduled our girls to have their fitting on August 29 and 30 since it was a long weekend. However, since it was a long weekend, everyone was busy with their own thing or was on a vacation. So I requested that we reschedule on the 24th and preferably in the morning. She agreed but didn’t promise that she’ll be in the shop to assist. I guess that’s ok. My aunt who previously worked with Jeff [for my cousin’s prom cocktail dress] was very satisfied with the service anyway, with or without Anna. :-)
(7) Tokens for Female Entourage
Finally, I’ve stopped thinking about our tokens for the female entourage and decided once and for all that we’ve had enough stuff to give them. LOL! The only problem was how to package them. I’ve scouted all possible ideas out there but it looks to me that we’ll save a lot more if we just DIY. Now, if only we could start on all our DIYs! >_<
(8) Acoustic Band for the Reception
My cousin volunteered to sponsor for our reception entertainment. Recently, she confirmed that we’ll be having an acoustic band. I couldn’t be happier! :-) So why am I sooo ecstatic about it? (Besides the fact that it’s free, LOL!) For one, H2B is a BIG fan of acoustic music. Two, I find acoustic music slow and romantic. It’s just perfect for a wedding. And three, we don’t need to upgrade Oasis’ sound system. I mean, how cool is that?! :D
Yep, I know what you’re thinking. It has been 6 months since the last update but it looks like our wedding preps have come to a slow pace. I totally agree! But I guess there would really come a time when suppliers are booked and you just have to take a breather. I’m sure things will pick up once the wedding gets nearer. And I’m hoping by the time I’d get all suffocated with all the pending tasks and unprecedented expenses, I’d still remember why in the first place did H2B and I choose to do this. ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.