Sunday, September 18, 2011

First Fitting with Veluz

The first fitting of the bridal gown has been one of the most awaited moments for a soon to be bride and I am no exception. Last Friday, I had my first fitting with Veluz and boy was it an experience to remember. ^_^

Tin, my maid of honor, was supposed to be the only person who will accompany me that day. Unfortunately, I spilt coffee on my plain white shirt that morning. >_< And because of my sudden burst of stupidity, I called my mom ASAP and asked her if my sister, Dae, could meet up with me at Megamall to bring me a fresh shirt. I had no intention of buying one as I didn’t bring enough cash. Anyway, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as my sister got to come along and be my instant photographer.  Yey! :D

After our long commute from Megamall to Veluz’s shop and a glass of cold water, we were ushered by Ate Weng, the receptionist that time, to the fitting room. The feeling of entering the fitting room for the first time was surreal. It was really dawning on me that in about 6 months, the gown – and more so, the wedding – will really happen.  ^_^

In all honesty, I had no idea what to expect. Sure, first fitting, self-explanatory right? But, what does it mean, really? Well, I had my first lesson. During this time, only the lining of the gown is available. They [the dressmakers] will let you wear a petticoat and lining of the gown to see if the measurements taken were correct. In my case, the bust area needs to be tweaked a bit so we had to wait for a few minutes for it to be altered. Oh yes, it was done on the spot! I was really impressed ^_^ Once Ms. V’s staff was satisfied with the lining, they let me wear it again and asked me to stand onto the platform (in front of Ms. V’s slimming mirrors. I heart those mirrors! LOL!). They also let me choose what heel height I prefer for my shoes. I told them, H2B and I are almost of the same height but assured them he will be getting elevator shoes. LOL! They immediately suggested that I wear 3-inch heeled shoes. I agreed and they also got shoes for me to step into just for the purpose of that day’s fitting. I felt like a mannequin! :D

Ms. V entered the room once I was ready. She checked the fit of the lining on me and made a few adjustments herself. Talk about quality control! :-) Then she let me wear a shear, a Sabrina/bateau cut fabric which most of her gowns have but I felt really uneasy when I wore it. You see, I get really irritated if anything touched my neck. This is the main reason why I hate wearing necklaces. Anyway, she didn’t really feel it on me that she asked me how old I am. I told her my age and she said the shear made me look older. Tin and Dae agreed with her so, she changed the design – also on the spot – and decided to make it more age-appropriate for me. But that’s not the best part yet. Oh yes, there’s more! LOL!

Ms. V asked her staff to get the “tools” (as she called it) and simulated the design she had in mind. She loved it and I was really feeling it too. However, the new design didn’t look nice in the back area. It made my back unattractive – yep, no sexy back for me! >_< She had a sudden inspiration and changed the design again, aww… by this time I was really embarrassed. Imagine, most of her staff was in the room and they were looking at me! *blush* But I sucked it up and just let Ms. V work on her magic. And she sure did! I really like the new design! ^_^ What’s more, she noticed that I was top-heavy. She told me that the chiffon fabric she’s supposed to use on my gown won’t work nicely on my body shape as it will just hang heavily and won’t really “flow”. It won’t look proportional. She decided to change the fabric as well to silk organza – a much more expensive fabric, mind you! OMG! If I weren’t embarrassed enough, I would have blushed even harder. >_< She changed it with no extra charge, can you believe it?! I JUST LOVE HER!

After that meeting, I felt so relieved and happy. :-) The experience was in fact everything I imagined it to be and I can’t wait for my second fitting on October to see all the new additions implemented in my gown. Hopefully, by that time, I worked hard enough to get my back area in shape. LOL! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Hi! How do i set an appointment with ms veluz? I'm a big fan of hers. I've always wanted to be a veluz bride. :D TIA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! To set an appointment with Ms. V, call any of the numbers on her blog. Usually Ms. Gercel will answer the phone and give you the earliest possible date for a meeting. This is with the assumption that your wedding date could still be accommodated. :) Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.