One thing I learned from w@w is it’s never too early to prepare. So last Tuesday, my mom, aunt, sister and I went to our caterer’s main office to have our food tasting and final detailing. Oh yes, you read that right. ^_^
Our Oasis package came with a caterer but we had to choose between 4 or 5 caterers. Without batting an eyelash, I went for Hizon’s and as usual, H2B agreed with me. I couldn’t be happier! :D
The last time I went to Hizon’s main office was about 9-10 years ago when my cousin had food tasting for their Batangas wedding. So when I drove in the subdivision, I hardly remember the place. Even my mom and aunt (who were also present that time) vaguely recalled the way. In our defense though, the place was really hard to find and to no surprise, we got lost. >_<
Anyway, we finally found the place after driving really slow while reading and re-reading Majo’s (our assigned event planner) text messages sent the day before. The compound still looked the same except for the new house in the left and the main building itself. It was like a before and after piece in a TV show. It just showed how successful and far along Hizon’s had become. I mean, the last time we were there, we were being ushered to have our food tasting in their garage! :)) So going back, we went in the main building and met Majo for the first time. She was really welcoming that we felt at ease and excited for the food we have to eat. :D
Majo called me up last Saturday to provide 2 items per dish just so we have an option. Dado and I decided on the list together with our first and second choices. See below: ^_^
All images are from our Food Tasting
The final menu will be a surprise. :-) But just to give you an idea on how satisfied we were, check out my mom and aunt’s reaction. LOL!
Aside from the menu, we also decided on the overall feel of the reception venue like choice of centerpieces, cake table design, etc. Though I must admit Hizon’s style was still a little old-fashioned and limited compared to the works of K by Cunanan or Passion Cooks, I was surprised to find out that the choices Majo presented us were actually good enough for my taste. Thank goodness! I didn’t want to add any upgrades as much as possible. And with everyone’s approval, I went for a Zen style. ^_^
Now I can’t wait to see the final output. With all the details, I’m sure it will be just fab! :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.